We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A gemstone that has effortlessly endured the test of time, the pearl represents one of the biggest and longest lasting trends to have dominated the jewellery world.
No longer reserved for special occasions or your grandma’s jewellery box, pearl jewellery continues to trend in 2022, constantly showcased in new and exciting ways by top designers and brands. But it’s fair to say that this lustrous gemstone has come a long way over the centuries, consistently adapting and updating to reflect the latest jewellery trends.
We’re here to explore the fascinating journey behind this precious stone, before arriving at the best ways to give your outfit a pearly update today.
THE PEARL SOURCE White Freshwater Pearl Bracelet for Women
Have you ever thought about the meaning of pearls? Pearls have always been a symbol of natural feminine power, beauty, and strength. We set out to create a pearl bracelet that represents more than what meets the eye. Conveying unmatched craftsmanship and timeless elegance, our white gold bracelets for women will radiate the essence of beauty!
Freshwater Cultured Pearl Necklace Set
Classic off-round pearl necklace set includes 18 inches 7.5-8.5mm pearl necklace, approx 7.5-8 inches pearl bracelet and 10-10.5mm pearl stud earrings. 925 sterling silver 18k gold plated pea clasp.
This VIKI LYNN Pearl Set uses only sophisticated, handpicked freshwater cultured pearls, ensuring the luster, quality, color and cleanliness of the pearls, fully represent the finest work in jewelry selection, so the special one who wears them, shines ever so elegantly.
Real Pearl Necklace for Women
REAL PEARLS: Pearls from The Pearl Source are 100% REAL genuine cultured pearls. As opposed to shell or faux pearls which are fake and sold elsewhere, The Pearl Source only sell GENUINE cultured pearls.AAA+ Quality GENUINE Round freshwater pearls with a beautiful 925 Sterling Silver Clasp.
Ross-Simons 4-5mm Cultured Pearl Hoop Earrings
With their chic and stylish design, these pearl hoop earrings add a feminine accent to any style. Pair them with your casual or formal attire.CULTURED PEARL AND 14KT YELLOW GOLD — 4-5mm cultured pearl hoop earrings in 14kt yellow gold. 4-5mm cultured freshwater pearls. Polished finish. 7/8 in. hanging length, 3/16 in. wide. Snap-bar backings.
How to Look After Pearl Jewellery
Pearls are prized for their delicacy, but this does come with one small caveat: they generally require a more attentive level of care.
- Wear them as much as possible: the natural oils from your skin actually enhance the radiance of your pearls! Just like applying moisturiser to your skin to prevent dryness, pearls also appreciate a little help to stay hydrated and dewy.
- Avoid contact with water: that includes everything from swimming to washing the dishes.
- Wipe your pearls down after wearing: this is to remove any traces of substances such as perfume or perspiration, which can damage the pearl’s delicate outer layer (nacre) and reduce lustre.
- Never hang up your pearl necklaces or bracelets: as elegant as they may look hanging from a jewellery stand, the silk string will stretch over time. Pearl necklaces and bracelets should always be laid flat when not in use.
- Store pearls separately: due to their delicacy, pearls can be scratched by metals and other gemstones when stored side by side. Consider keeping them safe in their own compartment in your jewellery box.
- Don’t store them in airtight bags: remember what we said about pearls needing hydration? Without enough moisture, they can crack. Store them in a soft cloth or pouch, ideally made of silk.